11 July 2010

Something New, Something Old

A new poem I'm in the middle of...

I am laid open,
Like ma hi-ma hi
Found in a dark cantina neighborhood bar.
A new taste,
Nestled on intriguing lips.
I may be the essence you've been missing.
The craving you could never grasp.
Meals become an excuse to touch knees and exchange long glances.
I am hungry
For more conversation,
More time.
Anticipation is a frequent dessert
That has left me wanting
More of you.


(An older poem never unveiled until NOW!! Duh dahn nah nah!)
NYC (May 25th 2010)
Riding in a sunshine colored cab
I was a cup brimming to the top with anticipation
Filling the car with eagerness.
It spilled easily on the inside of thighs
And under bras.
I held a new future in between my two fingers.
Grazed slowly and rolled thumbnails across it.
Held on firmly using my teeth and bottom lip
Silently pondering how long this spark can stay quietly burning
In the cave of my stomach
Before it explodes.
Hesitation is a broken fire hydrant
With an appetite for our fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment