06 November 2010

Vandalism?! ... and other ways to make people see things, by Safia Elhillo

... is one of the best chapbooks I've ever read in my life. The writing is poignant, beautiful, elequent. There arent enough words to say how her writing has moved me. And I feel blessed to know her and experience her writing. So here is piece of a poem from her chapbook, that has changed me. Written by Safia Elhillo, a beautiful talent-filled, 19 year old, Queen.


Entitled: #681- on armor and other things to hide behind.
... I've met men with ink soaked so far into their brown
that their stories cannot be ignored
Men so open that there is no healing to be found for them
Who've let me paint over their wounds with the wet of my toungue
Who leave with their eyes and sing with their hands
Men who draw fault lines on my terrain...


Purchase this phenomenal piece of art on her blogspot VIA paypal @ http://www.oddballsdontbounce.blogspot.com/

And follow her... Why not?
http://oddballsdontbounce.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment